• Allergen-Free Manufacturer

Posted by Anonymous on December 19, 2019 at 1:21 am

Hello Everyone,

I am working on developing a line of Allergen-Free skincare products (specifically free from Shea, Coconut, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Soy, Dairy, and Wheat). I would prefer to outsource the production rather than make it myself. However, I am very concerned about cross contamination.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that specializes in producing allergen-free products? 

I would appreciate any leads or advice on this topic.

I am based out of Westchester, NY.

Thanks.

dr-catherine-pratt replied 4 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • chemicalmatt

December 23, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Virtually all of us CM are allergen-free, just as long as we do not process those raw materials in our facilities. If a CM is grinding, milling, blending nuts, shells, raw powders, dairy (?!) then they disqualify.

• dr-catherine-pratt

January 16, 2020 at 5:19 pm

Hi there, when you say Shea and coconut, are you talking about the butter and oils as well? because if you are making allergen free you may want to look up the emollients and fatty acids that are comedogenic. Some of these ingredients can cause bacteria to grow as they feed on them. So then you would most likely want to do a dermatological product that really would be allergen free and cover all bases if you get what I mean?