Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Cosmetic Industry Starting a cosmetic line How to get products into small stores/salons? Hiring sales people, cold emailing?

Tagged: ,

• How to get products into small stores/salons? Hiring sales people, cold emailing?

Posted by zink on August 12, 2019 at 7:30 am

Establishing physical sales channels in an extremely competitive (albeit huge) online market seems like a very good idea, especially if you’re relying on Amazon (you could get suspended on a whim) and in a world where the average ad cost pr purchase through Facebook is $25 in skincare.

I’ve had some success in selling wholesale to estheticians who get a 30% discount off retail value, products have even spread through word of mouth in that world. Wondering what the best ways are for getting formulas into more stores/salons, most likely small ones for small brands with a limited product lines. Not in the US so showing up in person isn’t an option ATM.

1. Hiring sales people on the ground? (will anyone work for commissions?)
    2. Strategic cold emailing (in that case, how do you best do it?)
    3. Anything else? All tips and pointers appreciated.

margi replied 4 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • margi

August 13, 2019 at 7:10 pm

Refering to question number one. 
    I believe some people will. Just look at mary kay, fit line etc. Of course they have a bigger name then allot of others do. But i think that i you find the right people and spread avernes to it, it shouldnt be a to big of a problem. You can post on your own social media, and tell people about it if you see them looking for a “quick buck”. you can also ask people you know to spread avernes to it as well. and alos your going to have to sell it to them (as in tell them about it in a way they feel like its something they can do etc). (honesty is key here)
    Be creative in your way of doing business, and i think there will be enough people wanting to work for comission. And also if the product is good it will sell it self.