Opening a CMO

I'm looking for a consultant who can guide me in pricing out everything I need to open a manufacturing facility, down to the last details.
The facility would be making: 
body washes
shampoos
conditioners
skin balms
skin creams

I'm trying to create a list of all necessary equipment needed to produce from 1000 up to 15000 units, as large as 16 to 24 ounces. 

In addition I need to figure out the total personnel I would need to hire as well as their areas of expertise. Mainly, who would I need to hire to produce the batches that would then be manufactured. 

In addition
what type of building
all permits needed
hvac requirements
waste/disposal requirements

I would still be hiring outside formulators to create the unique formulas, at least initially.  

Thank you. 

Comments

• EVchemEVchem Member
    That is a huge undertaking. I think this will be pretty location dependent- where are you planning to put this facility? Will you work with formulators remotely or bring them onsite? Are you going to manufacture, fill, and ship product and over what distances? How will you market your products? There are so many questions to address!

You can look at these posts which should provide some starting points:
    https://chemistscorner.com/what-are-the-startup-costs-for-a-cosmetic-business/

https://chemistscorner.com/cosmeticsciencetalk/discussion/641/laboratory-set-up-equipment-list#latest

• MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    Do you have a Technical Background in Cosmetic Manufacturing? If not, it is a risk. There is another thread here that outlines the dangers (financial) if you do not.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • DavidWDavidW Member, PCF student
    @kage65 if you contact me privately I may be able to give you some guidance. 
  • SpongeSponge Member
    You need the Cosmetic Chemists Corner Crew! (Seriously, you need a team for this, not just a chemist(s).)