Cleaner using Castile soap

RimshahRimshah Member
There are a number of recipes on internet using Castile soap to make a hand wash, body wash, floor cleaner, etc.

I am curious to know how do you preserve this hand wash recipe?

RECIPE
80ml distilled water
15ml Dr bronner's Castile soap
4.5ml coconut oil
0.5ml lavender essential oil
Tagged:

Comments

• You don't even need to preserve it. It has extremely high pH. Bacteria just die :smile:
  • RimshahRimshah Member
    Okay, thank you :)

I have found a few studies claiming that skin balances its pH naturally within 15 to 90 minutes if using rinse-off product, only leave-on product damages the acid mantle. However, I have found more studies regarding increasing the pH even following rinse off products. Do you have any helpful information to share?

• MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    What is the final pH? The Castille Soap has a high pH, but at 15% wt/wt of the final product, it would likely be a different final pH.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • RimshahRimshah Member
    I didn't experiment yet but went through various websites and concluded that there would be a very slight difference in pH.
    I would test that and prove it empirically. I am somewhat skeptical that a 15% solution would still maintain a pH of the original product.

markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • RimshahRimshah Member
    Sure, do share your results with me :)
    edited July 18
    Sure, what address should I send the invoice to? :D
  • RimshahRimshah Member
    Haha, no problem. I will experiment myself :smiley:
    Perfect. That was really what I was hinting at. These properties can't be extrapolated by reading a few blogs, but rather with simple experimentation in the lab.
  • RimshahRimshah Member
    I got it now, Thanks :)