• Posted by Dyana on June 29, 2019 at 8:54 pm
    Hi there,

I have formulated and made some under eye creams , face creams, lighteners, and AHA peels. I know that unless you have some extremely innovative formulas most if not all have been done.

I have given out my most recent eye cream and face creams ( I try everything on myself first) and everyone I’ve given it to loves them. Or at least they say they do. I was wanting to build a business around the eye cream (after much corrorsing from friends and family) and then expand.

I know I have to get it tested (I’ve done my own with in home microbial kits). I know I have to all that goes with with trying to start a business. Ie bottles, labels, logo etc..

I have a very modest budget about $10,000.00. I guess what I’m trying to find out is, is this even enough to try? Should I just sell to friends/ word of mouth and then try to go through a contact manufacturer once I have more capital? Any constructive advice is welcomed. 

Dyana replied 4 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • belassi

June 30, 2019 at 7:37 pm

How much do you know about marketing? The first thing you need to do is go to the supermarket and check the same product category. The prices. Find a price point (make a list, choose one that’s one-third of the way up from the cheapest). Divide the price by five or six. Then sit down and see if you can make it for that.

• Dyana

June 30, 2019 at 8:39 pm

@Belassi will do. Thank you