Per Hour (or per day) cosmetic lab rental

Hello! Thinking to put together a small scale cosmetic lab (I'm in NorCal) and also make it available for rent on per day basis. Is this something folks could be interested in renting?

Comments

• So no takers?
  • EVchemEVchem Member
    I think it's an interesting idea but would need some strategic development. Are you going to market it to cosmetic chemists only? Make it like a workshop where you teach others about emulsion science? Will you buy materials and keep stock-how will you charge for those costs?
  • Mostly thinking to approach it similar how commercial kitchens are set up: no materials but basic tools are provided. 
  • GuntherGunther Member
    edited April 2
    EVchem said:
    I think it's an interesting idea but would need some strategic development. Are you going to market it to cosmetic chemists only? Make it like a workshop where you teach others about emulsion science? Will you buy materials and keep stock-how will you charge for those costs?
    Agree, teaching complete courses looks better.

Anyone can set up a starting cosmetic "lab" with $200 or less
    you'll only need a scale, something to measure liquids (like graduated cylinders), a double boiler (even a beaker in a clean cooking pot on the stove works fine), a thermometer, a hand stirrer, a pH meter (some even use pH paper when starting up)
    and that's about it. So nobody would waste time and money to travel to an existing lab  ... unless courses are taught there.

OTOH you can sell cosmetic lab kits online yourself
    so customers only have to buy all the above from a single place.
  • BelassiBelassi Member
    My only worry would be "Heisenberg" turning up with the ingredients to make some blue crystals...
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • AVisotskyAVisotsky Member
    edited April 3
    Thanks, guys, valuable comments, food for thoughts!