Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Petrolatum and paraffin oil cause cancer?

• Petrolatum and paraffin oil cause cancer?

Posted by fekher on March 12, 2019 at 8:59 pm

Hi evry one  i made some researchement about petrolatum and parafin oil and i find that they can really cause concer ,so how such product are used in hair pomade and the worst in baby product?
    @Perry

fekher replied 4 years, 12 months ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • oldperry

March 12, 2019 at 9:14 pm

Because they don’t cause cancer.

The ingredient has been evaluated by the FDA.
    https://cosmeticsinfo.org/ingredient/petrolatum-0

https://cosmeticsinfo.org/ingredient/paraffin

• ngarayeva001

March 12, 2019 at 9:18 pm

As I mentioned the misconception came from technical grade mineral oil containing certain impurities. that grade is never used in skincare. Just get a purified mineral oil that is intended for use in cosmetics.

• bill_toge

March 12, 2019 at 9:40 pm
    and in Europe, the only grades permitted for use in cosmetics/toiletries are pharmaceutical
    if they’re fit for use in medicines, they’ll not be carcinogenic
  • gunther

March 13, 2019 at 12:48 am

Just see how many workers in oil wells and platforms have gotten soaking wet, totally covered with unrefined oil from head to toe
    and none of them seems to get cancer.

• fekher

March 13, 2019 at 5:03 pm

thanks @Perry @ngarayeva001 @Bill_Toge @Gunther for your intersting answers.

• fekher

April 1, 2019 at 11:20 am

hi again friends i want to know if does paraffin oil and Vasline means that they are high refined product cause from research i found that paraffin oil means high refined mineral oil and that vasline means high refined petrolatum . Thanks in advance .

• oldperry

April 1, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Any of these ingredients supplied by cosmetic ingredient suppliers and used to make products by large companies are refined and safe to use.

• smok

April 1, 2019 at 5:22 pm

is reading some article on th internet you call it researchement ??

• fekher

April 1, 2019 at 7:58 pm

Thanks a lot @Perry  actually i use ingredients supplied by cosmetic ingredient suppliers ☺.