Formulating skin cream

I am trying to make a cream using olivem 1000 where usage rate is given 3 to 8 % when we use up to 30 % of oils . I usually use it 6% with 3% cetyl alcohol when oil percentage is up to 30% . I want to use up to 50 % of oils what adjustments I need to make .
Thanks

Comments

• I think you are going past the recommended oil rate for that emulsifier.  From the spec sheet:
    "Olivem 1000 has been tested in a percentage range from 2 to 8 % with a lipid phase from 5% to 25% at different polarity value." 
    and 
    "From 4 to 5 % OLIVEM 1000 is able to emulsify a lipid phase from 5 to 25%, obtaining from light emulsions to consistent creams."

Olivem 900 is W/O and looks like it might be a better fit for the application.  
  • I think you are going past the recommended oil rate for that emulsifier.  From the spec sheet:
    "Olivem 1000 has been tested in a percentage range from 2 to 8 % with a lipid phase from 5% to 25% at different polarity value." 
    and 
    "From 4 to 5 % OLIVEM 1000 is able to emulsify a lipid phase from 5 to 25%, obtaining from light emulsions to consistent creams."

Olivem 900 is W/O and looks like it might be a better fit for the application.  
    Can you point me towards a link which can give me idea on the usage of olivem 900
  • @Hina_Alam
    I found this document on the site of Lotioncrafter, hope it's helpful for you.
    (Under the section 'SDS & Tech data', the document I added is the 'technical bulletin').

• Doreen said:
    @Hina_Alam
    I found this document on the site of Lotioncrafter, hope it's helpful for you.
    (Under the section 'SDS & Tech data', the document I added is the 'technical bulletin').

Thanks a lot Doreen 
  • @Hina_Alam
    You're welcome!