Tan Remover

Hi Everyone,
Has anyone formulated a tan remover before?
My client is looking for a tan removing product in a body wash (non physical abrasive)
Any ideas or is this clutching at straws?
My only plan so far is to have a high pH assuming this will help strip the skin.
Thanks!

Comments

• GeneGene Member
    Enter Belassi
  • BelassiBelassi Member
    edited February 5
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Damn. Sorry, I missed the "non physical" part. OK then:

Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    @Belassi I look forward to your puns more and more each day...
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • Like to remove a sunless tanner?
  • MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    Yes, you need to use a Chaotropic Denaturant such as Urea or Sodium Bicarbonate that will cause the protein to unfold.
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com
  • Hey 
    Ok thanks very much Mark Broussard. I have seen one on the market that has Sodium Bicarb. Makes sense.
    Cheers