Tagged: , ,

• AHA GEL

Posted by Jdawgswife76 on January 31, 2019 at 2:23 am

Any advice on a AHA GEL I am looking to formulate please.  YES  i am very familiar with Glycolic and Lactic acids. 

H20 59%
    Glycerin 2%
    Glycolic Acid (98.8% concen)   15%
    Lactic Acid 10%
    Sepimax Zen 5%
    Cucumber extract 4%
    LMW Hyaluronic Acid 2%
    Sodium lactate 2%
    Phenoxyethynal 1% 

TEA IF and as needed for PH

Looking for PH 3 

oldperry replied 5 years, 1 month ago 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Jdawgswife76

January 31, 2019 at 5:04 am

Is there a lack of professionals willing to provide there input lately?  I would like to assume or atleast hope that someone would know about these ingredients and are secure enough to hopefully provide some feedback. 

• em88

January 31, 2019 at 12:00 pm

I’m missing your question? Why don’t you just test that formula? It looks very simple.
    In my opinion you can remove Phenoxyethanol. 
    Why not increase the pH with sodium lactate, why use TEA?

• markbroussard

January 31, 2019 at 12:56 pm

Is there a lack of professionals willing to provide there input lately?  I would like to assume or atleast hope that someone would know about these ingredients and are secure enough to hopefully provide some feedback. 

Are you serious?  There is no absolutely obligation on the part of professional chemists to offer you any advice as you seem to assume.  Realize, we get paid for offering advice and any commentary or answers provided by a professional chemist on this forum to an amateur are purely at our own discretion.

• Soexcited

January 31, 2019 at 7:10 pm

I’m really, really, really new.
    But I think your last post about a product containing AHA contains some clues about why professionals are not offering advice on this. Implying their lack of interaction on this post is because of a lack of knowledge or security is a way to pretty much guarantee they will be even less inclined to help

• Jdawgswife76

January 31, 2019 at 7:20 pm

Are you serious?  There is no absolutely obligation on the part of professional chemists to offer you any advice as you seem to assume.  Realize, we get paid for offering advice and any commentary or answers provided by a professional chemist on this forum to an amateur are purely at our own discretion.

Please so not get chemist and scientist confused!  I don’t beleive that I asked  you for service.  I asked for an opinion so please dont confuse the 2 and if you dont have any positive  input or opinion why are you here?  Thanks but that just wasted to much of my time!  I have it handled already.. Lol some people…. 

• Bubbles

January 31, 2019 at 7:42 pm

A chemist is a scientist in the way that a square is a rectangle. Also, a lot of professionals on this forum are consultants, thus their opinion is the service they sell. For them to spend ANY amount of time on a question posed by you or me could potentially cost them literal money not just time.

If you have it handled, how did you solve your issue? After all, this forum is about learning and, as one of my professors used to like to say, if you have a question, 9 out of 10 times someone else has the same question but wont ask.

• markbroussard

January 31, 2019 at 7:56 pm

LOL! … A Chemist IS a Scientist … SMH.  You were actually lamenting the fact that no professionals would answer your question.  As Bubbles pointed out, you should consider it a privilege that professionals bother to answer any of your questions on occasion.  With that attitude, I doubt you’ll get much more free advice from any professionals on this forum.

• Jdawgswife76

February 1, 2019 at 6:06 pm

Bubbles said:

A chemist is a scientist in the way that a square is a rectangle. Also, a lot of professionals on this forum are consultants, thus their opinion is the service they sell. For them to spend ANY amount of time on a question posed by you or me could potentially cost them literal money not just time.

If you have it handled, how did you solve your issue? After all, this forum is about learning and, as one of my professors used to like to say, if you have a question, 9 out of 10 times someone else has the same question but wont ask.

A Chemist is NOT a Scientist and there are VERY large differences.  I am not on this forum to tit tat back amd forth with people I AM to professional and Mature for that.  If someone does not want to provide their ipinion or contribute anything possotive to this forum I can not understand the waste of time.  This is just me though and to answer your question I mixed the formula that I wanted and experimented,  which I intended on doing anyway (aside from all the assumptions and snarly comments! ) I never had a issue I simply asked if anyone had  formulated with the 2 surfactants and well the rest is obvious. Lol I can understand after my post why someone would not ask a question in here now..  There doesn’t seem to be anyone understanding the question and it gets turned into a totally different outcome.  So with that said,  I will be sure NOT to ask a question or opinion in here anymore,  however I will always be happy to assist someone or provide my opinion to someone else if I am able and if not I will keep it moving so that person doea not end up discouraged and find there self’s dealing  with all this mess. 

• Jdawgswife76

February 1, 2019 at 6:13 pm

LOL! … A Chemist IS a Scientist … SMH.  You were actually lamenting the fact that no professionals would answer your question.  As Bubbles pointed out, you should consider it a privilege that professionals bother to answer any of your questions on occasion.  With that attitude, I doubt you’ll get much more free advice from any professionals on this forum.

Again (another confused individual)  I do not need anyone to provide anything to me.  I m starting to see a huge chain of confusion in this post.  How about all those that have a such a intelligent IQ,  actually read my initial post.  If then you are still confused,  well than I am very sorry for anyone that follows advice from this individual.  Have a lovely day!  I have some actual productive things to do with my time… 

• oldperry

February 1, 2019 at 7:04 pm

These responses are unproductive and becoming a drain on the forum. Due to numerous complaints and an inability to get along with other people, this member is banned.

The discussion ‘AHA GEL’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now