Release of Ownership of Formulation for Client

Hello All,

I’m new here and in the world of starting my own formulation business. I’ve formulated a pain relief gel for a client and he’s very pleased. He’s now requesting a “Release of Ownership for Formulation” for me to sign and submit to him. I don’t mind giving him the rights to the formula.

What is this form? Is there a form online I can use, tweak, and sign? Has anyone signed this form before? Thanks!

Comments

• PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    I don't know a specific form although you could probably just write something with your own letterhead to the affect that you give up ownership then sign it. 

However, a "pain relief gel" would be considered a drug, so I hope your client realizes this and that you followed FDA guidelines for developing OTC drugs.

https://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ResourcesForYou/Industry/ucm388736.htm

Most importantly... "If, however, your products are drugs, or both cosmetics and drugs, they must meet the requirements for drug registration. "
  • LynnKLynnK Member
    Hello Perry

Thanks for your comment! Yes, I've mentioned to him all the FDA regulation information for the gel.  
  • What are the active ingredients that provide the pain relief? then we can help you a bit more.
    Dr. Catherine Pratt
    (B.Sc with HONS I , Ph.D Analytical/Organic Chem and Microbiology), Cosmetic Chemistry IPCS)
  • MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    There is no such "form" ... you will need to have an attorney draft an agreement.
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

Provides Formulation Development and Lab-Scale Contract Manufacturing Services.  See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com