Facial wash soap-based decreased viscosity after the period of time

Hello everyone, I have a trouble with my formula. My facial wash formula contain :
- Potassium soap-based
- Glycerin and saccharide as humectant
- CAPB as foam booster
- Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters as emollient agent
- PQ7 : conditioner and film former
- Essential oil.
Apperance of this product when it was just produced was paste. This formula isn't seperated when stored at high temperature. However, its viscosity decreases after the period of time evenly can be pourable.
Whoever know reason and solution, plz ?
Thanks.

Comments

• FekherFekher Member, Professional Chemist
    @duyennguyen actually i faced same thing with a soap made by me and i notice that also transperency increased so my explication that by time saponification advanced and cause the formation of more glycerin wich decrease the viscosity and increase the transperency of soap.
  • duyennguyenduyennguyen Member
    edited November 2018
    @Fekher Yes, glycerin play the role as humectant, also solvent in soap-based. I noticed that higher glycerin proportion caused lower viscosity at the first time (when it's just produced not only for during time). How can I solve this problem because, when I decrease the proportion of glycerin, soap-based become harsh and cause dry skin ?
    @duyennguyen i guess that product is liquid soap ?
  • duyennguyenduyennguyen Member
    edited November 2018
    @Fekher It isn't really, product's appearance is paste because it's facial wash.
    @duyennguyen so i guess that cellulose gum can work for that product to give more viscosity.
  • Use sodium soap instead.
  • Sodium soap used for soap bar because of their firm, however, I need soap-based with paste-appearance.