Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Formulation of Mild Shampoo supposed not irritant

• Formulation of Mild Shampoo supposed not irritant

Posted by fekher on October 30, 2018 at 10:42 am

Actually i’am thinking to make Mild shampoo supposed not irritant so after some researchements the Lol wich i think to make is:
    Dissoduim cocoamphildiacetate: 15 %
    CAPB : 11 %
    NaCl   : 2 %
    suggar canne extract  : 1 to 3 %
    Polyquaternium 10 : 0,5 %
    Perfume : 0,3 %
    Salicylic Acid : 0,1 %
    Cathon CG : 0,1 % 
    Citric Acid : adjust ph to 5
    Water : QSP
     knowing i will not use silicones what is your evaluation for that Lol , and what corrections , improvements or suggetions you can add?
    @ngarayeva001  @Gunther  @Perry
    @Chemist77  @MarkBroussard  and others.

fekher replied 5 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • chemist77

October 30, 2018 at 11:54 am

First the foam quality I am not really sure of here, HPMC @0.2-0.3% might help and needs to be checked in the lab empirically. Polyquaternium 10 can be half of what you have used, sugarcane extract is going to be washed away and hence just a cost addition here. Salicylic acid needs low pH and Kathon CG has a pH restriction of 4-8, so you need to be there somewhere in between. A little of Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate can be added to improve the foaming but not sure how good it will turn out. APGs are another group that you can look into in case you are not happy with the final outcome. 

• fekher

October 30, 2018 at 12:09 pm

@Chemist77 the % of polyquaternium is not random and i have  not access to polyquaternium 87(Luviquat sensation )  and i will not use dimethiconol so as you see for all this reasons polyquaternium 10 in 0,5 % will be the best choice.

For APG i have idea that they are mild surfactants but what about foam and cost compairing to dissoduim cocoamphildiacetate?

In my country suggar is too cheap but may it will not give effect in shampoo.

And for ph if i can not obtain final ph equal to 5 i will delete Salicylic Acid.

• ngarayeva001

October 30, 2018 at 12:58 pm

CAPB contains salts, so, I am not sure you need 2% of NaCl. It sounds a bit high to me. Regarding foam booster, do you have an access to decyl glycoside? I think it’s a good foam booster and you don’t need much. Another question, what is total percentage of surfactant? 

• chemist77

October 30, 2018 at 1:16 pm

Of course you can try Polyquaternium 10 @0.5% and it all comes down to performance you are targeting. With amphoterics as the main surfactants here, it is really difficult to comment on the final foam quality and profile. Think you are up for a lot of optimization.

• fekher

October 30, 2018 at 1:35 pm

@ngarayeva001 for slat better to use lower % but i will be obliged to use thickner something i try to did not .
    decyl glycoside may  it  can be available .
    TAS is between 10 and 11.

@Chemist77 thanks for you comment.