Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Esters/silicone oil based hair conditioner

• Esters/silicone oil based hair conditioner

Posted by Dirtnap1 on October 29, 2018 at 9:39 pm

We are developing both a clear shaving gel/oil and also a leave in type of hair conditioner/facial hair conditioner.

With many “beard oils” on the market, we do want to step away from the typical seed/vegetable oil based products. While we do not oppose using some of these oils in combination, I am searching for opinions on different types of esters/silicones than can be utilized as we want to avoid oxidization and much better sensory/rheology in comparison.

I am currently experimenting with Cyclomethicone/Dimethicone, Schercemol 318/DID/DIS esters.

Any opinions on other types of silicones/esters that can be mixed with oils? Also, I am looking at PEG’s for the shaving oil as we would like to have a water rinseable product.

We are needing fairly fast absorbtion rate with softening/conditioning effects that won’t clog pores etc. Also need a good cost effective base as some esters are a bit pricey.

Thanks!

Dirtnap1 replied 5 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.