Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Miscellaneous additives

• Miscellaneous additives

Posted by harshadavasave on September 28, 2018 at 7:25 pm
    Hello everybody 
    Can anybody please tell me What are miscellaneous additives and their Functions,Uses in cosmetics formulations ?
    harshadavasave replied 5 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • oldperry

September 28, 2018 at 7:40 pm

Where have you seen the term “miscellaneous additives” in regards to cosmetics?

• harshadavasave

September 28, 2018 at 7:43 pm

In the syllabus of Formulation and development- 1, it is a PG subject and miscellaneous additives is the sub topic of It, I try to find out exactly what is it but I can’t find anything about it :| I hope you will help me  :)

• Christopher

September 28, 2018 at 7:47 pm

I don’t think any ingredients are categorized as miscellaneous additives. And if they were I assume ingredients like fragrance, colorants, claims ingredient or fairy dust (as Perry calls it) would fit this category. But even then their functions and uses would differ.

• harshadavasave

September 28, 2018 at 7:51 pm

thanks for the info sir :) but it is not enough to solve my queries  :/ 

• oldperry

September 28, 2018 at 8:07 pm

I think in the context of your question, miscellaneous additives refers to “all the ingredients that weren’t otherwise mentioned.” 

Without knowing the other ingredients mentioned, I can’t really say what would qualify as miscellaneous.  @Christopher has listed some of the ones which could generally be considered miscellaneous.

This article on cosmetic ingredients may be helpful. 

Types of cosmetic ingredients

• harshadavasave

September 28, 2018 at 8:21 pm

Thank you sir I hope it will sort my problem  :smiley: