Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB) Manufacturing

Dear all, being trying to find out for weeks on how can i produce CAPB.

So far what i managed to find out from the internet and books is that that "Cocamidopropyl betaine production starts by reacting coconut oil fatty acids with 3,3-dimethylaminopropylamine, which yields cocamidopropyl dimethylamine. Cocamidopropyl dimethylamine is then reacted with sodium monochloroacetate to produce cocamidopropyl betaine."

However, it does not mentions the molar ratios, the process parameters and reaction times for both stages. Can someone please guide me as to how or whom might be able to help me find these information please? 

Comments

• handbook of detergents part f production

• edited September 15
    In what kind of setting to you plan on doing this synthesis?  Some of the compounds that you mentioned have significant hazards associated with them.
  • If you're going to these lengths, you may as well make MDMA instead, it's more profitable.
    Design of anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics. In-house label and box design capability.
  • edited September 15
    @Belassi I couldn't agree more! If you are going to do an elegant chemical synthesis, why waste it on CAPB?

I am more focused on creating the end product for the client, not synthesizing common ingredients. I could get on Prospector and have any number of samples of CAPB in varying forms. I can also purchase from any number of manufacturers.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications.
  • @sendtoryan CAPB manufacturing requires hard to source, dangerous chemicals and maybe expensive equipment for safety.

You'll need to make a lot of it to be profitable.
    I can get some nice, generic chinese CAPB for $2.50 per Kilo, retail price by the Kg. Even cheaper by the drum.

@Belassi
    LOL @ CAPB Heisenberg (Breaking Bad).
    ROFL this one really made me laugh.
  • Why make when it is so cheap and available in tons?