what to use as a thickner for clear shower gel.

i am trying to make clear shower gel. used ultrez20 0.8 % and to nutrilize it used tea 0.2% but still the base of ultrez 20( lubrizol) is bit hazy. kindly sudgest some other thickner which gives crystal clear apperiance.

Comments

• Add more TEA, there is a ratio for such neutralizations provided by Lubrizol. 
    Think the polymer has not been completely neutralized. 
    Generally for such formulations, I suppose Aqua SF 1 and Aqua SF 2 are used.
  • The Smart line of lubrizol works at higher pH range, so it's ideal for this kind of formulation.

https://www.lubrizol.com/Personal-Care/Products/Product-Finder/Products-Data/111
  • Nothing works better for clear systems than Crothix liquid. You can control the viscosity by adding more. Finish your product adjust pH and start adding from 0.5% and bring it to 1.5%. INCI: PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and) PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides (and) Aqua.
  • edited August 14
    you can use PEG-150 Distearate it is very effective as a thickener for clear shower gel

• Aculyns from Dow ain’t bad either.
  • Use a combination of Ultrez and Xanthan gum.
  • how much aculyn 60(PEG-150 DISTEARATE) to use if i want to replace ultrez 20=0.8%.
  • @dharmaraj there is no direct calculation, but you can start with 0.3% and see how much further you need to increase the dosage. 
  • You can use cocamide dea+pq10 combination to get cyrstal clear shower gel. why are u insisting on such those polymers if you do not have any particles in your formulation you have to suspend?