To get rich and shiny look to night cream

I want to prepare night cream which will be in rich and shiny look. I tried with LLP, GMS, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Coconut oil, Glycerin, DPG, Aqua etc. but it has granules and air. please help me to make it soft, shiny and rich look. 

Comments

• edited August 8
    I want to make Baked Alaska. I have cream, milk, vanilla beans, butter, sugar, whole eggs, milk, flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, egg yolk, egg white, etcetera, but it doesn't turn out right and looks a mess.
    Please help me make it become like the one in the picture.

• Send me a piece
  • Ah, but is it NATURAL?
    Design of anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics. In-house label and box design capability.
  • :D :D :D
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications.
  • @Doreen Well, first your start by actually finding a picture of a Baked Alaska! - there is no ice cream in that picture.  :D
    Dabbling Formulator — Qualified Cosmetic Safety Assessor — experienced in claim substantiation & EU regulatory affairs.
  • @Sibech
    Isn't that ice cream between the layers of gingerbread and right under the meringue? It's a Christmas version btw. :)
  • @Doreen dang, it seems you are right - I didn’t even notice the subtle color difference!  :D :D :D :D
    Dabbling Formulator — Qualified Cosmetic Safety Assessor — experienced in claim substantiation & EU regulatory affairs.
  • I think nobody is there to help me out. OK Thanks.
  • @bsingle What @Doreen is saying is that you might have the ingredients, but to create a product from scratch takes time, experience, plus an understanding of the raw materials and their interactions.

In essence what you are asking for is “how do I make an emulsion”.

There are several online sources for this and even some accredited distance learning courses.

A few pointers: make sure the to phases are approximately the same temperature water can be a little higher. When combining use a mixing method that introduces less air than you current one (aka, don’t use a whisk)
  • ^^^ Exactly. What @Sibech said. The reason we didn't try to answer your original question was that it was as if a random person walks into a car factory and says, "I have some pistons, a cylinder block, some wheels, seats, a couple of doors, can someone please tell me how to build a car."
    Here, we don't mind at all helping out, but it isn't cosmetic school. Try swiftcraftymonkey for suitable formulae, and experiment.
    Design of anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics. In-house label and box design capability.
  • @bsingle - why not post your formula along with the percentages and include your process. I bet you’d get more suggestions.
  • This group needs a like button! "....it isn't a cosmetic school." was right on point.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications.