No more tear

Dear All,

I make some products for baby like shampoo, shower, top to toe. I am using these raws as surfactant in my formula like: Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate. Arcording to document from supplier. These raws from plant & sensitive that can use for baby and safety. If i claim this product no more tear do you know any method and share to me.

i am very appreciate

Comments

•  I think pH is important for no more tear shampoo. around 7
  • amitvedakar i think there is method to test no more tear. I try to use mild surfactant but i need to demonstrate a statement that my formula is nomore tear
  • pH of "No More Tear" shampoos is secondary to the surfactant selection.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications.
  • ^^^ Absolutely. You could make a shampoo from just SLS and adjust pH to 7 but ... you would not want to get that in your eyes.
    I found that including spirulina gave a perfect no-irritation shampoo, but I was unable to keep it stable for more than a week or two. So I suspect that (1) choose non irritating surfactants (2) use protein additions (3)  keep pH at 6.5 - 7, is the way to go.
    Design of anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics. In-house label and box design capability.
  • Can you make acceptable no-tear shampoo with SLES + CAPB at pH 7 ?

Is it true that pH 7.5 is milder to eyes than pH 7 ?
  •  Can you make acceptable no-tear shampoo with SLES + CAPB at pH7 ?
    - Not in my opinion.
    Design of anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics. In-house label and box design capability.
  • Hello, I am not a fan of Wiki, but well sometime it is a start....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Non-ionic_surfactants

@Belassi what do you mean but "Protein additions"?

• I can share ingredients  that I use for baby shower gel: coco-glucoside, cocamidopropyl betaine, decyl glucoside, xantham gum as a thickener, plus glycerine and aloe vera powder. Adjust pH to 6. You can open your eyes while washing your face with it and won’t have an irritation. 
  • @Max, such as hydrolysed proteins (eg. hydrolysed oat,) or soluble proteins (eg. spirulina, blue-green algae)
  • :smile: Thanks
  • thanks