Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Requests / Opportunities Aerosol sunscreen formulation wanted

• Aerosol sunscreen formulation wanted

Posted by Anonymous on July 26, 2018 at 2:18 am

Hi,

I’ve already contact dozens of people in this pinned thread.  I have not found many that could formulate an aerosol sunscreen.

We also want to do a lotion, but I know that’s straightforward so I’m focusing on the aerosol here.

I’m based in the US, so would prefer someone also based in US so as to reduce the time between iterations of the product.

I’ll also need manufacturing, but can tackle that later if I find the right formulation help for now.

Please let me know if this is something you can help with!  Thanks!

Anonymous replied 5 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ozgirl

July 26, 2018 at 3:52 am
    You are probably having issues finding someone to formulate this type of product because of the potential issues and negative attention that other aerosol sunscreens on the market have received. (People don’t want to be sued).
    I know that the Australian Cancer Council no longer recommends the use of aerosol sunscreens and there have been many reports of people being sun burnt when using this type of product. It is difficult for users to ensure complete coverage with these products and unfortunately even if your product passes all the testing you still can’t control how the consumer uses the product. There have also been issues in the past with the flammability of these products.
    Not trying to discourage you just letting you know why you might be having trouble finding someone.  
  • Anonymous

August 6, 2018 at 3:56 am

Thanks for your reply.  For what it’s worth, the two dermatologists I’ve consulted with in regards to this endeavor both are in favor of aerosols.  I suppose that’s neither here nor there, but I mostly just want to bump this thread in hopes that someone else sees it!