Seborrheic Keratosis

Currently working on this. (Yes I know, but I don't live in the USA so I don't worry about the FDA.)
Looking for input from anyone else with an interest in SK. I have a candidate compound which shows promise: DMAE Tartrate. A 3% cream appears to have a discernible result. I'm thinking of adding urea to the mix, not sure what percentage of urea to use ... I don't want pH drift problems.
Design of anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics. In-house label and box design capability.

Comments

• I'd suggest 5-10% urea. 
    As you said, urea will degradate and increase the pH. You will need a buffer to maintain urea stable. 
  • Can you suggest a suitable buffer? Would sodium citrate work?
    Design of anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics. In-house label and box design capability.
  • I made a water based solution which had salicylic acid/sodium citrate and urea. The pH was 5.5 and remained unchanged for a few days.
    I have seen some products in my local market with high concentration of urea (15%, 30%) which are w/o emulsions (creams). I think, the less water is used the better for urea is to be stable.
  • Hola' Belassi. Long time/no blog. Urea compositions are best stabilized with lactic/lactate buffers at pH <6.  The threshold of use for keratolysis is around 10%.  At 40% you can dissolve the nail sheath if left on overnight. Cool, huh? uhhh...maybe not.
  • Unfortunately I have not been able to source any kind of lactic acid products here in Mexico. Maybe I should use yoghurt as a base!
  • Extraordinary. The 3mm SK lesion on the back of my left hand has disappeared as a result of the DMAE tartrate cream. I had to use a x50 magnifier to find where it was. I am definitely going to market this.
  • Glad to hear that. Does DMAE have any restriction for cosmetics? What was the LOI you used, if you don't mind sharing?
  • I find plenty of DMAET creams on Amazon so I assume it's acceptable.
    PART A
    1) water
    2) carbopol-940
    3) sodium hydroxide
    4) propylene glycol
    5) pycnogenol
    6) glycerine
    7) parabens
    8) EDTA
    9) DMAET

PART B
    10) shea butter
    11) stearic acid
    12) cetyl alcohol
    13) glycerol monostearate
    14) dimethicone petrolatum
    15) fragrance

Not in particular order... it is basically a knock-off of the Evelyn and Crabtree hand cream. It's one of the first products I created.

• May I ask how long did you make use of this cream before the lesion was gone? No urea? 
  • 2 weeks but only every other day.

• Thank you! I do have a small spot of SK and DMAE bitartrate waiting to be used. I'll let you know if it works :)
  • Good. I need to put together a test panel.
  • Ready!  :)
  • LOL.
    Please let me know how it goes.