Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Need soap base creamy formulation

• Need soap base creamy formulation

Posted by UsmanAli on May 20, 2018 at 9:44 am

I have many tries in making soap base creamy face wash but i m failed sometimes  it become separate and some time  not enough foaming plz give me a proper formulation if u have 

gunther replied 5 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • doreen

May 20, 2018 at 12:18 pm

https://chemistscorner.com/cosmeticsciencetalk/discussion/1070/rules-for-requesting-formulating-advice-help

How can we all better
    help the community when asking (or answering) a question?

1)            Please do not ask us to do your lab work
    (or your research) for you.
     Do not request complete/finished formulations
    unless you have already looked at the sources for that information and found
    nothing helpful. If you show up out of nowhere and start asking for extensive
    help, or otherwise demonstrate that you don’t want to do any work yourself, you
    just aren’t going to get what you are looking for.  It is obvious most times when people have
    tried to do research and just need a hand or when they are looking for someone
    to do all the work for them for free.

2)            Introduce yourself in the introduction
    thread before requesting information/help.
     The newer you are in our
    community, the more necessary it becomes to explain your situation and why you
    need our help, especially if you are asking for information that most chemists
    could find on Google with a quick search.

3)            Do not DEMAND help. Being that rude is
    a good recipe for getting nothing at all, ever. No one in this community is
    getting paid to do this, and we have NO obligation to help you – or even to
    respond to you at all. Asking nicely and politely works much better. Also,
    those people that just take information but never have time to help anyone else
    are eventually going to find this community much less helpful.  While many of us are happy to help each
    other, and even first-timers, there has to be give and take.  Not all take.

4)            Please don’t ask questions privately.
    The whole point of this community is to share our questions and answers. If you
    do need to ask a private question, due to privacy/trade secret concerns, don’t
    be surprised if the person you’re asking requests a consultants fee for an
    answer.

5)            Please don’t hijack other people’s
    discussions, but if you don’t understand something about that question or its
    answers, ask us about it.
     If you want to ask anything that’s different than
    the original question, START A NEW DISCUSION.

6)            Do NOT ask for an amount of help of the
    kind and/or quality that would ordinarily require you to pay a consultant for.

Don’t request complete or detailed manufacturing procedures, Standard Operating
    Procedures, equipment info and/or sources, etc. This is all info you will have
    to pay a consultant for.  

• gunther

May 20, 2018 at 2:53 pm

Please do all the above, as @Doreen has just stated

I believe that for ‘Soap’ you mean real soap made from vegetable or animal fats or oils saponified with Sodium or Potassium hydroxide, don’t you?

Please Google on how synthethic “soaps” can’t be legally called soaps anymore.

As for soaps separating
    please read the study 
    The solubility of sodium and potassium soaps and the phase diagrams of aqueous potassium soaps

The only soaps that are even moderately soluble at room temperature are potassium laurate, myristate, and oleate, the potassium salt of acids from coconut oil, and the sodium oleate. The other sodium and potassium soaps of the saturated fatty acids require elevated temperatures for solution.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02645899

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/225452149_The_solubility_of_sodium_and_potassium_soaps_and_the_phase_diagrams_of_aqueous_potassium_soaps

So it looks like you’re limited to saponifying Coconut oil just with Potassium hydroxide so it remains soluble.

You might saponify other oils (always with Potassium hydroxide), wait for the insoluble soaps to precipitate (although I don’t know if you’ll need a centrifuge for that) and draw the top water layer with soluble soaps.
    I’ll surely add to costs so you’d want oils rich in Lauric, Myristic and Oleic acid, the ones soluble, as the study says.