Unorthodox water based pomade

very happy with this group. 
can discuss about pomade products.
I am from Indonesia. 
and I'm happy to have communication with this group. 
please indicate better in this formulation

Water  30%
Cetearyl Alcohol   3%
Lanolin   5%
Parfum   1%
virgin coconut oil   4%
Beeswax Cera Alba white  7%
Beeswax yellow   7%
Olive oil  3%
Petroleum jelly  5%
Ceteareth-25   4%
PEG 40 hydrogentated castor oil   4%
Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate  5%
castor oil   5%
PVP  k90   1%
Triethanolamine   3%
Polysorbate 20     2%

Comments

• Only thing I can mention is that your formula may be a little harder to wash out/build up with normal beeswax. Peg-8 may be a better choice for easier wash out.
  • I've tried to wash well in washing .. whether beeswex beeswex need to be throw away
  • beeswax yellow what not to use
  • I am very happy if there are many inputs
  • White/Yellow beeswax is the same thing. White is refined while yellow is not as refined/filtered.
    Peg-8 beeswax will aid in washout and not build up in hair as much, but will still have the thickening/holding characteristics as normal beeswax.

Try adding a little carbomer to the formula and see how you like it.
  • Thank you very much. I will try it. whether beeswex white with peg 8 is it the same
  • if plus carbomer about how many%
  • what do you think of @Perry @Bill_Toge and @Belassi with my furmula? I am asking for input from all masters
  • Personally, I would ban all hair pomades. I thought we had got rid of them, and the "antimacassar" after the Victorian era finished. Brylcream ... Brilliantine ... argh!! It is just disgusting to have all this grease on your hair.
    Design of anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics. In-house label and box design capability.
  • edited May 18
    @Powerad99 what do you want to improve about your product?

@Belassi the only thing I have against products like this are that UK-based customers who want them tend to be fussy, indecisive, inveterate time-wasters, who can't/won't commit to any substantial orders, and if they do, they constantly move the goalposts, meaning that stock gets rejected on delivery for the most arbitrary reasons; in other words, unless you sell them to a wholesaler who then sells them on to individual customers, they're commercial suicide
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • thanks @Bill_Toge I'm glad there's a discussion. before the product I want. I want to ask. whether the furmula that I made there is wrong with the existing composition.

• I want my product to be smooth and acceptable in market
  • edited May 18
    @Powerad99 without seeing an actual physical sample of it, and your potential competitors' products, I can't make any meaningful comment
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • thanks. I study every day and try to continue .. hopefully I am still in the spirit of learning this pomade.
  • We own a couple barber shops here in the states, and pomades are continuing to be a HUGE business. Especially what we call home brew/micro brew pomades. California especially. Huge market for them. 

Thus why I have been educating myself and started my own line.
    I do have a formula a bit similar to this, and it is nice.

What is it about this formula you have specific questions/concerns about? 

My biggest issue is getting the right consistency that will not weigh the hair down, and not be too tacky to apply while maintaining hold throughout the day.
    A very small amount of carbomer that is not neutralized to thicken has worked well for me to add slip and to help with dispersion/emulsifying in hands before applying. 
    koster-keunen  has been a huge help to us with different waxes and emulsifiers.
  • thank you @Dirtnap1 brothers who had time to share knowledge.
     whether you use carbomer?. I tried the carbomer but the results were too thickened.

i am still less convincing with my formula to make my effort :smiley: 
    need motivation from this forum
  • Trial and error. Its the name of the game. 
  • thanks. I keep testing until I find a consistent