Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Thickening my liquid dish wash soap and retaining transparency

• Thickening my liquid dish wash soap and retaining transparency

Posted by Anonymous on April 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm

Hello, i’ve been making some research and practicing the production liquid dish wash soap but i always seem to not be able to get the thickness and consistency i desire. I’ve used natrosol and sodium chloride (salt) but i always never get the consistency i want. I’m concerned about the thickness, viscosity and transparency. Any help at all will he well appreciated

fekher replied 5 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • chemist77

April 28, 2018 at 5:53 pm

What are the other components here??

• bimaxx

April 29, 2018 at 6:42 am

Sodium chloride is for stabilizing agent not for thickener, u can use a carbomer or HEC 0.5%

• Ola_chem

April 29, 2018 at 2:32 pm

Hi there,

I’m having a similar issue.

Here’s my formulation. I’ve not included any preservative and colouring as priority is to get the formulation right before adding the aforementioned 

Water 85%
    Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulfonate (already neutrailsed with NaOH) 6%
    Sodium laureth sulphate - 70% Active 4%
    Cocamidopropyl betaine - CAPB 3%
    Tetrasodium EDTA  2%
    100%
  • drbobverdient-biz

April 29, 2018 at 8:59 pm

I think you should add 2-3%  CMA  coconut monoethanolamide and use salt if necessary;the latter will shift the salt curve in your favor and the CMA will provide better efficacy.You can test this via the number of plates washed before foam collapses.We used to do in industry for claims support on/versus major Brand/s.

• fekher

September 13, 2018 at 6:38 pm

@Ola_chem i have formula too near to yours with that concentration you can thick your product by slat NaCl it will not reach industriel viscosity but it will be more thick then product already got.

• Chirag

September 15, 2018 at 1:39 pm

@Ola_Chem I am also learning how to make Liquid Dishwash Product and As far as I have learned I think in your Formulation the actives are very LOW…IF you increase the concentration of SLES you may get the desired viscosity.

• fekher

September 16, 2018 at 10:00 pm

@Chirag actually even with concentrate LABSA you can not have good viscosity however adding more SLS can be solution with adding Nacl also.