Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Making clear and transparent guar gum solution

• Making clear and transparent guar gum solution

Posted by seokjungms on April 24, 2018 at 12:22 pm

Is it possible to make clear and transparent guar gum solution in which distilled water is 98-99% and guar gum is 1-2%?
    There seem to be some patents concerning guar gum that, when dissolved, could make the solution quite clear and transparent, but I could not find the supplier.

It is a normal practice to use xantan gum to make clear and thickened gel, but I want to make clear and thickened gel with guar gum.

Anyone tried this and succeeded?

A solubilizer seems to help make it a little more clear, but it was not so successful, either. Besides, I want to make a clear guar gum solution without such chemicals.

seokjungms replied 5 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • oldperry

April 24, 2018 at 12:26 pm

No, I never was able to get a clear guar system. I think the long natural fibers in it make that difficult. 

• seokjungms

April 24, 2018 at 3:14 pm

What methods have you tried?
    I have one cosmetic lubricant product in Korea, and it is very clear and transparent. The only thickener in it is guar gum.
    If the long natural fibers are what make it opaque, will using a homo mixer make it clear? Although I have already mixed it with a homo mixer, I thought maybe other more advanced mixers could make it possible.
    And what are all those patents regarding clear guar solution?
    Do you have any ideas that you have not tried but that might yield a clear guar solution?