Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Cosmetic Industry Starting a cosmetic line Does Anyone have any Experience with Chinese High Shear Mixers?

• mikethair

March 31, 2018 at 6:42 am

I learnt the hard way, and now steer clear of Chinese equipment.

We have had success with Waring Big Sik Heavy-Duty Immersion Blenders - http://www.waringcommercialproducts.com/catalog.php?pcID=90

Others I know in the industry use these. They are robust and reliable.

• tanelise

April 1, 2018 at 9:58 pm

@mikehair, what kind of aeration do you experience with the Big Sticks? I’m considering making a purchase. I have a Silverson that I think is on its last leg.

• belassi

April 1, 2018 at 11:53 pm

I learnt the hard way, and now steer clear of Chinese equipment. 
    I, for one, would like to know what happened!

• tanelise

April 2, 2018 at 12:36 am

Do tell!

• Laurentia

April 3, 2018 at 10:02 pm

Hi DustyDancer,

I purchased this kind of chinese mixer 2 years ago for about the same price and so far, everything is ok. I do small batches of 20 liters shampoo and conditioner and no problem!

• microformulation

April 3, 2018 at 10:11 pm

My only experience with them wasn’t negative or positive but rather null. I stopped by a lab once that had a Chinese Lab Homogenizer and it was not being used. They couldn’t get any replacement parts after they broke the machine and it was gathering dust.

• mikethair

April 4, 2018 at 12:24 pm

In response to @Belassi  @tanelise  once you make a purchase there is no interest from Chinese brands in service, warranty issues, or replacement parts. I must be a slow learner, the same happened with our Chinese autoclave. Nothing but trouble from day 1, plus I found out later that the company did not provide the appropriate Government safety certificate for pressure vessels of this type. Therefore the entire transaction was illegal and left us open to prosecution. Chucked it into the rubbish, and have putchased a European made Autoclave.

• duncan

April 4, 2018 at 5:11 pm

Spares is the issue for me.
    If I buy Silverson or IKA, (not used Waring but assume they do the job equally as well ) no matter how clapped out I can still get spares support.
    Especially for homogenisers which can consume teflon head bearings like anything, especially if you’re handling a lot of powders 

• duncan

April 4, 2018 at 5:13 pm

Overhead mixers are different as they are less stressed, and if all else fails a drill press from your local big box DIY store (Harbor Freight, Machine Mart etc etc etc )can be used at a push 

• Anonymous

August 27, 2018 at 7:55 pm

We have an excellent one available for sale.

http://www.bigequipmentsurplus.com/index.cfm?action=image&pic=284&category=Mixers

I hope we can be of service.

Matt