Vegan preservative for lotion and scrubs

hello, I'm currently looking for a preservative to use in a coffee face scrub and a lotion. I'm new to doing emulsification and am looking for some refferal on types or brands. 

Comments

• It's difficult to say without seeing your whole formula but the most effective preservatives would be methyl / ethyl paraben and maybe DMDM Hydantoin.  All of these are vegan.
  • @Perry, its funny you would say the parabens are vegan... All the social justice warriors and "hug a tree natural" people would cringe at the thought even though its true.   :D
  • In the big picture, it is not terribly difficult to meet a Vegan standard in Cosmetics. I find it strangely prioritized Marketing when used as the lead buzzword.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications.
  • to be quite honest, I can't think of a single preservative which wouldn't be suitable for vegans
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • I can think of blends that contain glycerin.

@SpicyKimchi you could use this as refference:

https://cosmos-standard.org/
    http://www.ecocert.com/en

• @DAS
    There's also glycerin from vegetable source.

I can't think of non-vegan preservatives either?
  • If you look at Data Sheets for the raw materials, you will find that the vast majority of glycerin containing products (if not all ) use vegetable based Glycerin. As many pointed out, "vegan" in Cosmetics takes a minimum of effort and really becomes a simple exercise of avoiding a minority of available raw materials. It is not a technical exercise rightfully, but really just a simple to achieve marketing bullet point.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications.
  • Gluten free is pretty easy to achieve too.