Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Science Knowing the % of Texapon N70

• Knowing the % of Texapon N70

Posted by Chemist_Ahmed on January 26, 2018 at 5:24 pm

Hello everyone
    This is my first post here hope to have a good answer
     How to analysis the texapon at lab. to identify the percentage of it without HPLC and other machines 
    I need a manual proceed for this 
    Thanks in advance 

microformulation replied 6 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • drbobverdient-biz

January 26, 2018 at 6:00 pm

Can be done easily via methylene blue titration. Ask supplier for method or look it up.

• Chemist_Ahmed

January 26, 2018 at 7:45 pm

Can you help more with enough information about the titration 

• drbobverdient-biz

January 26, 2018 at 9:10 pm
  • Chemist_Ahmed

January 29, 2018 at 7:52 am

Thanks my friend

• drbobverdient-biz

January 29, 2018 at 4:19 pm

You are welcome:hardest part is getting it set-up but accuracy on duplicate samples (same lab) is 0.5% and between outside labs is Within 1%.

• microformulation

January 29, 2018 at 5:54 pm

Do you have an issue with the quality of the Texapon N70? If you simply want to know the percent solids, you can refer to the Technical Bulletin which sets the allowable percentage at 68-72%. The tested percentage of solids specific to your sample would be on the COA.

• drbobverdient-biz

January 29, 2018 at 7:43 pm

@Microformulation percent solids and %active are two different things. Sulfation via SO3 (falling film) includes NaCL  and  Na2SO4 and/or unsulfated alcohol.

• microformulation

January 30, 2018 at 4:24 am

I was aware of that. I suppose I assumed that he was speaking of percent solids in his initial post. Didn’t look atthefollow-ups as closely.