1,3 propanediol alternatives

Have a client that want no glycerin, no PG, no BG, and no 1,3 propanediol... would sorbitol be a suitable replacement?  Any suggestions. This is suppose to go into an all natural or close to natural line of topical products.

Comments

• I guess it depends on what you're adding it for but as a humectant Sorbitol should work.
  • I wanted as a humectant and to give similar slip feel to a lotion, cream and personal lube product.
  • Sorbitol is very sticky.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • @Bobzchemist do you have any suggestions? I was thinking about do a 70% soln of xylitol. 
  • Try an aqueous solution of D Panthenol.
  • Like a 5% aqueous soln of D Panthenol?
  • That will work but highly effective humectant so a 5% stock solution can be diluted in final product as low as 1%( active).Also you can use a 1% solution of hyaluronic acid wihch is available commercially also highly effective at 0.05 to 0.1%.
  • @DRBOB@VERDIENT.BIZ
    Wowzers!

If I was using this in as a personal lubricant could I use either at minimum 30% in final product?  I am very interested in the hyaluronic acid and its use on mucosa tissue.

• Can you use Caprylic.capric triglyceride in your lotion and cream?  That will give you slip.