Edible Lickable gel - Cosmetic Science Talk

Edible Lickable gel

Trying to make a gel that can be lickable of the skin with good flavor.  Trying not to use glycerin, PG, or Zemea because the taste is "sweet" but can create a frown.  I have used avocado oil but it made it opaque. I would like to keep it translucent at best. Any Ideas????

Comments

• Edible gums?
    Design of anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics. In-house label and box design capability.
  • Like what?  I am using xanthan gum but I am looking at something that will act like Zemea, PG, or glycerin without using those items.. suggestions
  • I remember long time back coming across SISTERNA, check and you will find a starting formulation for an edible cream. Gel not too sure tho.
  • edited December 7
    You will likely have to foray into flavoring components, an area more developed in Food Science. The base can be made safe and translucent.

Basically you could make a thickened simple solution (i e gel) and then solubulize the flavoring agents.

markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications.
  • I would look at food gelling agents and food flavours. This article has a lot of information

http://www.amazingfoodmadeeasy.com/info/modernist-techniques/more/gelification-technique

• Great article @ozgirl.
  • Thanks ozgirl!!!!