Roll-On Antiperspirant — Cosmetic Science Talk

Roll-On Antiperspirant

So, our boss gave me a lot work, and that is why I have many post here in the forum because I needed help and everything is rushed ...

On to the topic, one of my project is a water based antiperspirant. I have a another discussion about the alcohol based (which you can look up in my profile)

Here's a rundown for the water based:
A. Water-qs
HEC-0.3

B. AZP(50%)-34

C.Propylene Glycol-1
Panthenol-1
Glucam P20-1
Tegosolve 55-1
Arbutin-0.2
Niacinamide-0.5
EDTA-0.3

D. Fragrance-1
Euxyl PE-0.5

E. Sensidin DO-1

The feedbacks are great. They love the smell but IT IS STICKY. What would be the cause of it. My benchmark here is Nivea. Everyone loves the feel of Nivea when put to the underarms. 

Comments

• You know it really would be better if you put the ingredient INCI name instead of product Tradenames ... Happy to try to help you, but I don't have time to Google product Trade Names to try to understand your ingredient deck.
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

Provides Formulation Development and Lab-Scale Contract Manufacturing Services.  See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com

• what grade of HEC are you using?
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • Try changing to xanthan gum replacing HEC
  • I'm using cosmetic grade HEC
  • What do you think about the % of the aluminum chloro?
  • @Lainee I meant what viscosity is it (it'll be on the specification)
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • @Lainee maybe you can increase the level of your emollients PG and Glucam P20? My experience with antiperspirants is they get sticky when emollients are below 3% total.