Tighten the skin gel/cream - Cosmetic Science Talk

Tighten the skin gel/cream

How well do skin tightening creams work?  Is this done by a low grade irritation?  

Comments

• it's usually done by forming a rigid film on the surface of the skin

a number of hair styling polymers can do this job, or, if you're not worried about the moral, ethical and legal consequences of using industrial-grade materials in cosmetics, sodium silicate (which, among other things, is used as the binding agent in cement)
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • I am looking for something that will work on the female privates... do you have any ideas?
  • I wouldn't recommend using this type of product on the genitals at all; just peeling the film off could cause severe irritation
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries