Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Skin Longevity of moisturizing effect

• Longevity of moisturizing effect

Posted by luukheum on October 4, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Strangely, basic knowledge likes this is near impossible to find on the internet. 99,999% of websites are about products, only 0,001% of them about how they actually work.. Marketing is big in this industry I can tell you that much. As it is in every other industry.

If I put petrolatum on at night, wash it off in the morning, how long will the benefits last? A couple hours, days? Would an added moisturizer with some emollients in the morning be of additional help (squalene and glycerin for example, subtly shiny and smooths surface of skin)? I know the effects are temporary, and probably won’t do that much for skin longterm. But I’m actually interested in this very temporary improvement. Also how long should petrolatum be on my skin for maximum effect, does it matter much?

For example: let’s say I want to look my best on a event on Thursday. I know moisturized skin helps disguise wrinkles and make me look better. Will it matter anything at all, if I moisturize on monday and tuesday? Or is a few hours before the event just as effective? Or maybe it depends: if I have pimples moisturizing skin will help it heal quicker, but if I don’t I won’t see any difference?

doreen replied 6 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • doreen

October 6, 2017 at 8:40 am

No offence, but you’re asking tons of questions and you’ve posted a very similar question in two other threads, one of which I already replied to. Maybe it’s better to use only one thread for a certain question to keep it things more clear and orderly.