spf of caffeine and sodium benzoate - Cosmetic Science Talk

spf of caffeine and sodium benzoate

Hi 

Does anyone know the SPF of these ingredients. Wasn't successful finding the answer on the net.

Thanks

Comments

• negligible, I should think; their UV/visible absorption spectra lie almost entirely in the UVC range (which is absorbed by the atmosphere), and they absorb nearly no UVA or UVB
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • https://academic.oup.com/carcin/article/28/1/199/2476224/Caffeine-and-caffeine-sodium-benzoate-have-a

Many websites with the same research but no measure of SPF anybody else aware of more info?

Thanks Bill for your input.
  • Regardless of an assayed SPF value, it isn't an approved sunscreen active which renders the testing moot.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications.
  • and reading the paper more closely, it seems this combination of ingredients inhibits UV-induced carcinogenesis, which doesn't necessarily mean it has an actual measurable SPF
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • Ok Thanks bill & Mark