clarity xanthan gum carbomer glycerin - Cosmetic Science Talk

clarity xanthan gum carbomer glycerin

i wanted to know if/how the addition of xanthan gum to a gel (using carbomer) impacts to its clarity.....any opinions??
and if anyone has experience in the solubility of carbomer to glycerin and not in water......thank you!!!

Comments

• i wanted to know if/how the addition of xanthan gum to a gel (using carbomer) impacts to its clarity - yes it will.
    Design of anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics. In-house label and box design capability.
  • You can get Xanthan Gum in a clear grade (Vanzan-NF C) but I am not sure how it would do with Carbomer, What is the purpose? Why not simply increase the Carbomer?
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications.
  • Vanzan-NF C  works very well with carbomers to provide clarity and increase viscosity particularly Ultrez 10 and 21.We have many products formulated with this combo.
  • thank you all very much for the advises!