shampoo turbidity - Cosmetic Science Talk

shampoo turbidity

Hi dear friends. I have made a hair shampoo three days ago and now its become turbid. 
what are the general reasons for shampoo becoming turbid? please help
thank you all
Tagged:

Comments

• Ingredients?

Design of anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics. In-house label and box design capability.
  • I use to make shampoo with this formula and I have never seen sth like this.
    SLES, Cocoamidopropylbetaine, coconut fatty acid diethanolamide, PEG7, PQ10, Glycerine, Aloe vera essence, EDTA, Citric Acid, Deionized water.
  • PQ10 is a cationic, also try knock out trials with PQ10 and your Aloe vera fragrance.
  • Check for pH change and - where's the preservative?
    Design of anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics. In-house label and box design capability.
  • All right.
    I use kathon CG as a preservative.
  • Whats the pH, Kathon CH has a pH restriction as well.
  • The pH is adjusted on 5.7 .
     I realized that turbidity happens when I add PQ10.
    Is there any way to add PQ10 and not turbid the shampoo?

• i wonder if this tread has been closed already. I find using PQ10 heating is important else you have those fish eyelike turbidity
  • Can you try pre-neutralizing PQ10 and then add it to the shampoo, just a thought here @hamed86
  • Add the PQ 10 to the water and glycerine first mix until solution is clear than heat--add surfactants and adjust Ph etc.What diethanolamide are you using--a 1;1 or 2:1?