Product/general liability insurance for small distributors? - Cosmetic Science Talk

Product/general liability insurance for small distributors?

edited April 28 in Cosmetic Industry
Hope this isn't too off topic.

I'm involved with a company that sells an OTC acne treatment and a couple cosmetics formulas we've developed, we don't manufacture anything ourselves and everything's made by our CMO.

We're still tiny but looking to get product liability insurance, our CMO is insured so not sure what's required.

Let me know if you know any good options. I did talk to Veracity and they quoted me $3500/year which frankly seems high for a small company grossing less than 200k/year.

Comments

• Make that product liability only.
  • @Zink:

Try www.ppibcorp.com ... Professional Program Insurance Brokers.  They specialize in the spa industry and related professions and offer product liability insurance on cosmetic topical products.  Not sure if they cover OTC formulations, but it's worth exploring. 
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

Provides Formulation Development and Lab-Scale Contract Manufacturing Services.  See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com

• Hello, Zink. 
    Were you able to find an affordable policy that works for you? Looking for the same, would appreciate your advice
  • You can get it through the ACS also.
  • I’m paying just under $500 a month for product liability insurance but we did kind of go over board on the coverage.