AMA Labs - Cosmetic Science Talk

AMA Labs

Saw this today. Anyone know any details?
markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications.

Comments

• Wow...thanks for the heads up. I have no idea what's going on, but my management needs to be informed ASAP.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • An account I know of had their paperwork "seized as evidence."

markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications.
  • Following...

We used to work with this company for claims testing.
  • edited April 11
    Main Article (more detail)

I was told about this by another Formulator. Her customer was contacted and simply told "their records had been seized as evidence."
  • "The company filed in New York in June 2003 as a foreign business corporation, according to the state." Probably tax issues. 
    Special interests: anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; sulphate-free shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics.
  • The Investigation initiated in the local District Attorney's office. FBI and FDA investigators were involved. Local DA's don't have authority over tax issues (US Federal) and IRS Investigators were not involved. Hence it isn't a tax issue.
  • An update about AMA Labs. They and their CEO are under investigation for fraud by the FBI, FDA, IRS. They were raided twice because the CEO was not cooperating. One of their frauds was to charge companies for 50 panelists and only use 20 and create false profiles for the remaining 30. The CEO would then pocket the panelist pay for the 30 fake profiles. Doing this over many years has resulted in millions of dollars unaccounted for. Companies being duped and possible bad products being released.  They were also not reporting adverse reactions to products. A grand jury has been called and charges are imminent. 
  • Interesting.  Thanks for the update.
  • Probably why they told me they were backlogged until October when I spoke to them a few months ago..