Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Alcohol Free perfumes and deodorants

• Alcohol Free perfumes and deodorants

Posted by Anonymous on April 4, 2017 at 11:36 pm

Hi Everybody! I would like to formulate perfumes ( Eau De Toilette) and deodorants ( Body Spray) without alcohol . Can some body suggest me the formulation? Please keep in mind that these products may be sold in cold countries where the temperature can go to 35 Deg Centigrade below zero.

johnb replied 6 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • bobzchemist

April 5, 2017 at 1:08 am

Where have you looked for formulas so far?

• belassi

April 5, 2017 at 2:29 am

If you manage to find these products with such properties please let me know, too. Mind you, the first time I visited the USA I noticed that the list of ingredients in Dr Pepper included ethylene glycol.

• Anonymous

April 10, 2017 at 12:36 pm

Hi Roberts, I have not looked at any place yet and was hoping that I may find some solutions in this forum.

• microformulation

April 10, 2017 at 1:06 pm

Many of us do this for a living and as such are reluctant to just “give away” a Formula. In essence, we are not here to feed you fish, but to teach you how to fish (an analogy, not literal).

• oldperry

April 10, 2017 at 1:29 pm
  • johnb

April 10, 2017 at 2:22 pm

What is the problem with using alcohol as a fragrance solvent? Even strict muslim countries, where alcohol is normally forbidden, usually provide an exception for perfumes and products in which there is no easy access to the liquid contents e.g aerosols and crimp top sprays.

There are good reasons for alcohol being the solvent of choice for fragrances but I am unable to think of a reason where another solvent would be better.

• Anonymous

April 16, 2017 at 1:04 pm

We are ready to pay for the right formula and can discuss it ,out of this forum if needed. Contact me at info@yorktransnational.com

• johnb

April 16, 2017 at 1:16 pm

My previous comments still apply.

What reasons do you have for not using alcohol?

BTW it is not a good idea to post your email address on an open forum. All sorts of undesirable bots and people may be lurking ready to collect from the unwary.