Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating formulation advice creating pressed pigments and glitters

• formulation advice creating pressed pigments and glitters

Posted by Silkcat on March 7, 2017 at 10:14 am

hi guys

im in the uk
    Ive started making my own pressed pigments and glitters.
    Im looking at going into buisness with this amongst other things but need some formula help.

Ive been using glycerine and isopropyl and preservative
    will the preservative work well in preserving the product and not allowing mold/bacteria to contaminate due to the glycerine being involved?

or can anyone point me in the right direction with another sucessfull formula with what i want to use it for?
    Ive looked at silicone oils but im not well up on things like that to know what will be safe to use on the face?

would like to know how i go about having my products tested to be sold safely also.

thank you

Silkcat replied 7 years ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • bobzchemist

March 7, 2017 at 3:47 pm

You need more than formula help. You might want to take a course or two before starting a business.

• oldperry

March 7, 2017 at 4:27 pm

I’d suggest you get our free report. http://startacosmeticline.com

Ultimately, you’ll want to hire a contract manufacturer to make your formulas.

• Silkcat

March 7, 2017 at 4:49 pm

I’ll be doing a course with the business start up with a funding scheme we have over here. I hand make alot of items and recently ventured down the cosmetics route, it’s something I’d like to include in my business Aswell but I’m trying to gather up so much information about it as I didn’t realise there was so much involved, I just wasn’t sure about the glycerine method because people have argued it causes mold other people have argued it’s not that so I’m seeing mixed thoughts on it.
    Thought I could maybe try something else out, ideally I’d like the contents to be as natural as possible but still work well.

Thanks for the link will definitely look that up.
    Any idea where I’d find someone to make up the formulas for me? 

Thanks