Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Hair Making handmade hair styling wax ?

• Making handmade hair styling wax ?

Posted by quangphu1301 on March 5, 2017 at 5:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m curious about making hair styling wax, I can make classic pomade but not so sure about how to make a hair wax (provide matte finish, dry and natural hair style). I saw so many things in the ingredients (polimer, PVP etc)
    Do you guys have any advise about how to make a simple wax for a beginner like me ? thanks (and sorry if my english is bad)
    quangphu1301 replied 7 years ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • johnb

March 6, 2017 at 3:33 pm

As you are a beginner, I don’t think you should be venturing into more than one project at a time (noted and responded to your perfume post).

A lot of members here are in this business as their main employment and require to make a living. It is, I feel, unfair of you to request formula information without giving any input yourself.

There is a lot of manufacturers and suppliers literature online which will give at least some information to start you on your quest.

• microformulation

March 6, 2017 at 4:39 pm

@johnb Quiet. I am about to start a post for every Formulation I have in my In Box and then take a nap!

• johnb

March 7, 2017 at 8:17 am

@johnb Quiet.

Eh???????????????

• microformulation

March 7, 2017 at 1:18 pm

@johnb It was a joke that fell quite flat. I am a Formulator in the US. When you mentioned the caution to avoid asking for free work, I jokingly offered to put all my pending paid Formulation work onto the site for others and take a nap.

• johnb

March 7, 2017 at 1:44 pm

Oh. OK, never mind :)

• oldperry

March 7, 2017 at 3:22 pm

Sarcasm is always difficult to communicate in text

• quangphu1301

March 7, 2017 at 5:19 pm

I dont need full formula, I just need a hint and simple explanation u know :/