Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Rosacea actives

• Rosacea actives

Posted by belassi on February 28, 2017 at 7:14 pm

I have been trying for quite a while to do something for those who suffer rosacea - without success. I note from Dermatology Today that these actives are useful:
    Brominidine
    Ivermectin
    Oxymetazoline
    - but where to BUY these?

johnb replied 7 years ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • drbobverdient-biz

February 28, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Try Tom Smith at Napp Technologies

• belassi

February 28, 2017 at 11:32 pm

Thanks Dr Bob, I have emailed him already.

• johnb

March 1, 2017 at 7:41 am

You might like to look at https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_Forum/

This is a lively help forum for rosaceans and may be interesting for you.

I should point out that all three materials are heavily patented and one is not even launched yet. Galderma (makers of Mirvaso and Soolantra) are not shy of fighting to protect their interests. I imagine Allergan to be the same so it is probably not in your best interests to pursue this line of products.

For your information Brimonidine (note spelling) is called Mirvaso, Invermectin is Soolantra and Oxymetazoline is, or will be, Rhofade.

Mirvaso is not the blessing it was intended to be and lots of users suffer severe reactions to it. Whether Rhofade is as bad remains to be seen.

Note: I don’t see any of the materials in question on the Napp website.

• belassi

March 1, 2017 at 2:54 pm

Thanks for the info.

• johnb

March 3, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Rhofade (oxymetazoline) has just been launched in the USA http://www.rhofadehcp.com

• belassi

March 3, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Thanks. Checked it. What a list of side effects! I see it’s been used in nasal sprays for a long time. There is also xylometazoline (sudafed) - I wonder if it’s worth trying that in a cream?
    edit: found this

• johnb

March 4, 2017 at 7:30 am

I can assure you the xylometazoline and every other drug with vasoconstrictive properties has been tried for this end use!

I think this query should be directed to the rosacea forum (link as above) where there are a number of experts (and sufferers) who will be able to give meaningful responses.

Rosacea and its associated conditions make up one of the areas of my R&D work. Thus I am unable to offer any practical help.