• oldperry

April 17, 2014 at 9:18 pm

clays might work.  What else is in the formula?

• davidw

April 18, 2014 at 8:03 am

Have you Googled “acid thickener”

• mehran31

April 26, 2014 at 2:48 am

Dear mummydee

You can use amineoxide surfactant preferably combination of amineoxides with sles for thickening HCl solution.
    Stepan has a very nice surfactant for this purpose: BIO-SOFT TA-2. go to Stepan website and follow this surfactant.
  • Anonymous

June 13, 2014 at 4:55 am

Thickening surfactant for HCL Tallow Amine Ethoxylate

• davidw

June 14, 2014 at 12:37 pm

And yet another thread where someone asks a question, gets tons of help
    and disappears without any other post to even say thank you.  Wasn’t anyone taught manners by their parents??

• chemist77

June 14, 2014 at 1:35 pm

@DavidW Think its the way of saying thank you :-) unfortunately

• Anonymous

June 20, 2014 at 1:25 pm

thanks to everyone for the replies, have been off the forum for awhile due to illness.just got back to the forum,am grateful to you all. we need not be insultive on this forum even when people disappears without saying thank you.@milliachemist ,insulting my parents shows you lack manners and the kind of upbringing you had.

• chemist77

June 20, 2014 at 9:36 pm

@mummydee dude I dont think it was me who mentioned ur parents, anyway good to hv u bk with health and heart.

• microformulation

June 20, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Come on guys, manners. I know that feelings get hurt but the focus of this Forum is to further Cosmetic Science.

• Anonymous

July 19, 2014 at 11:05 am

@milliachemist my apologies ,it was directed @DavidW. i didnt know what happpened.

• Anonymous

July 19, 2014 at 11:10 am

have tried carbomer to thicken my hcl based toilet cleaner but didnt work. i intend to use oleyl amine ethoxylate but i couldnt get in Nigeria.i need help on how to source for it

• Bimsmide

September 7, 2014 at 3:15 am

Hi Mummydee. I’m facing the same issue with u and we are from d same country. I guess we could share some ideas together. You can email me-soloolaotan4u@yahoo.com.