Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Advanced Questions Pore clogging /Non-comedogenic

• markbroussard

December 22, 2016 at 8:40 pm

@David:

Not really anything helpful or current that I am aware of.  The results of that oft-cited study are useful if you’re a rabbit, but I don’t think they translate well to humans.

• Pete

January 21, 2017 at 12:44 am

Hi David,

Actually there is lots of information on subsequent studies on humans. These are scientific, so much more reliable than the second hyperlink you have down. To see the scientific articles that cite your first document, plug its title into Google Scholar rather than Google. Some of the resultant hits such as,

will only let you see the abstract and will require a fee to see the whole article. If you don’t have a subscription, you can get around this by plugging the doi number (10.1016/j.jaad.2005.11.1058) into the following Russian website which is trying to open up free access to all scientific articles (after all, much research is publically funded - although someone has to pay to publish it of course - I’ll leave this debate with the Russians to Donald Trump!): http://sci-hub.cc/
    Also, thankyou. I had no idea what comedogenicity was until today (and had never heard of it)!