Query on Microbiology tests

Dear Members, please clarify me, weather I should perform any of the below in the cosmetics microbiology lab? 1. Spore strip validation 2. Autoclave validation using spore strips 3. Rehydration of ATCC 4. Preparation of Standard inoculum 5. Growth Promotion, inhibitory test and indicative tests for all prepared and neutralizing diluents 6. Media stability study for expiry Date (3 months or 6 months) 7. validation for Neutralizing dilution my whats app#: (+966) 0552568759 

Comments

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    short answer is yes. For longer answer, you need a microbiologist.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    In the cosmetic industry we use Preservative Efficacy Tests and Preservative Challenge Tests.

Relevant:
    https://chemistscorner.com/cosmetic-challenge-testing-why-even-well-known-preservatives-need-testing/

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    I think you need to clarify - are you trying to run a cosmetic microbiology lab, or are you just trying to test cosmetics. For running a lab, my answer applies, for just testing cosmetics, Perry is correct.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."