Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Gluten Free and NSF Certifications For Colour Cosmetics - Are they worth it?

• Gluten Free and NSF Certifications For Colour Cosmetics - Are they worth it?

Posted by Anonymous on April 14, 2014 at 12:18 am

Hi,

We are contemplating obtaining ‘Gluten Free’ and ‘NSF’ Certifications for our organic Lip Stick, Lip Gloss and Mascara products.  Can anyone comment based on experience if getting these certifications are worth it?  Thank you.  

Anonymous replied 9 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • oldperry

April 14, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Who is doing the certification?

In reality, it depends on whether your consumers find the certification compelling or not.  If the people buying your product will buy more because it is certified then it might be worth doing.  However, if your consumers don’t care, you shouldn’t bother.
  • Anonymous

April 15, 2014 at 2:20 am

Thanks for the response.  The certifying company is Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG).  We share your position and rationale and we will conduct a market test of the customer base to understand if they care about Gluten Free & NSF certified items or not.   

• Anonymous

May 20, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I have to eat gluten free and I’d care. Red apple lipsticks and afterglow cosmetics have gluten free certification and I buy from them based on that. Do you have a website?

Regards

Honey

• Anonymous

May 22, 2014 at 11:29 am

Thanks for the comments.  We completely agree with your sentiments.  Our website will be up and running by Dec this year / Jan 2015 and we will definitely keep you informed.