Sedal formula

My daughter uses this in preference to my own more complicated formula! Perhaps someone would like to suggest starting percentages? I've given mine.
water (approx. 80%)
cetearyl alcohol (10%?)
dimethicone (2%?)
stearamidopropyl dimethylamine (2%?)
behentrimonium chloride (2%?)
citric acid (q/s for pH=5)
(the rest is fragrance, preservatives, and marketing ingredients with practically zero% content)

and can I substitute cetrimonium chloride for the behentrimonium chloride?

Design of anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics. In-house label and box design capability.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Behentrimonium chloride (C22) has much better conditioning properties than cetrimonium chloride (C16).
  • I'd start with 5% cetearyl alcohol rather than 10, unless it's incredibly thick

behentrimonium chloride has a higher melting point than cetrimonium chloride, and it forms more stable emulsions
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • These ingredients are difficult to find here. Except for the cetearyl of course. I have cetrimonium but behentrimonium is only obtainable from Unobtanium Ltd. And the Shercine S, that's a Lubrizol product but I can't find it anywhere.

Design of anti-aging creams, gels, and serums; shampoos; and therapeutic cosmetics. In-house label and box design capability.
  • belassi in Mexico sells behentrimonium chloride, it cost almost 3 times more than cetrimonium