Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Mixer/Emulsifier from China

• Mixer/Emulsifier from China

Posted by Ruben on December 3, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Does anyone have experience with the mixers/emulsifiers that come from China and are sold in Ebay? They are listed as “Shear Mixing Emulsifying Machine” and are very cheap; so I wonder how effective and durable they might be.

Anonymous replied 10 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Anonymous

December 4, 2013 at 12:46 pm

If you find out anything about these, please let us know. I am looking, as well.

• chemist77

December 4, 2013 at 9:08 pm

I have some from Sina Ekato, but choose wisely.

• oldperry

December 5, 2013 at 6:35 pm

You don’t want to skimp on mixers.  Even the good ones break pretty easily.  Having said that, I don’t know anything about the ones from China sold on Ebay.

• samf

December 9, 2013 at 8:27 am

I bought a fantastic overhead mixer from China (high torque, rpm up to 1400?) on ali express for only $400. It is the best $400 bucks i’ve spent to be honest - made my life so much easier especially for mixing shampoo. 

Here is a link to the store I bought it from: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/832549
  • Ruben

December 10, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Thank you for your comments. To work on my prototypes, I am using IKA Eurostar overhead mixer with a 4-blade propeller, but as it could be expected, it does not produce enough shear to get a fine emulsion and also introduces too much air into the mix. So, I would like to get a high shear emulsifier, but the brand name ones are out of my reach and that is the reason I looked into these cheap ones
    Thanks again.

• duncan

December 11, 2013 at 9:16 am

Half the price for things like Ultra turrax mixers or Silversons is the fact that they still supply parts and service for stuff 20 odd years down the line. They are also designed to take 8-10 hours a day abuse in commercial labs - And I do mean abuse

That would be my only worry about a no-name cheapy off ebay if you are using it on more than an infrequent basis

• Ruben

December 12, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Thank you guys. I appreciate your input

• Anonymous

February 22, 2014 at 3:59 am

Hello
    friends, If you are going to find a suitable cosmetic production
    machine. i am gonna say I can help you!We are specialized Cosmetic
    production machine manufacturers. we have been in this area for years.
    We have mature technology  and skilled engneers. Any Inquiry will be
    welcome contact me at: Skype:iknjerry Email:Jerry03916@gmail.com in the
    end i would like to show you some picture of our products.