parfume solubilization - Cosmetic Science Talk

parfume solubilization

Hello everyone

This is my first participation in this forum; I find it full of relevant information to the cosmetic formulation.

Then my first problem is: for the production of paper hygiene perfumed, I need a solubilizing (low foaming) to solubilize my perfume in the water, and what I would need a perfume fixative.

My second problem also related to the solubilization of perfume, but this time in hard surface cleaner (always a low-foaming solubilizing).

Thank you for your answers

Comments

• the standard fragrance solubilizers in cosmetics are peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil or polysorbate 20

• hello everyone
    I make perfume
    for the production of eau de cologne ,I need a perfume fixative
     thank you for answers

• @David :Thank you for your feedback,  if i use polysorbate 20,PEG-40 hydroginated gastor oils  my formula will be very Expensive(Hard surface cleaner).

• You may want to use procetyl aws from Croda ppg 5 ceteath 20
  • The cost of the solubilisers suggested is tiny compared with the cost of a fragrance compound.

• @Hicham for your hard surface cleaner, do you use surfactants already? Like SLS, SLES, etc?
  • SLES, SLS will leave residue on the surface, mind it. APG would be a better choice with some solvents to aid the formula. 
  • Generally in my experience PEG-40 will solubilize but consider a ratio of PeG-40 to Fragrance (eu de cologne is around 4-7%) 3 to 1 w/w
  • edited April 22
    A good perfume fixative is glycerin + labdanum or vanilla
  • This thread is becoming very confused with several distinctly different questions being posed.

May I suggest that each party asking advice start a new thread.
  • Try Sepiclear G-7 ... Heptyl Glucoside from Seppic ... no foaming as a solubilizer.
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

Provides Formulation Development and Lab-Scale Contract Manufacturing Services.  See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com