Cosmetic Chemist working out of industry but wanting to reacquaint myself.

Hi fellow chemists,

I'm Tani and a Cosmetic Chemist - however when I graduated in 2004 I quickly went from product manager over to marketing as my prior degree was in Marketing.

I have worked closely with R'n'D but only within a 3P context as I was tasked to develop products and brands via outsourcing only.  As a result I effectively have not utilised any of my formulation knowledge in at least 9 years.

I have successfully launched a couple of brands for others and currently am Head of Brand - Europe for an FMCG company however I have to one day have my own brand.  With 6 years to go I am considering starting my own from home DIY kitchen style products for myself, then friends and family all just to get my hands dirty again - so to speak. Basically gradually reintroducing myself back into formulation work.

I have looked at some local formular courses but they are all far too basic yet I feel quite inadequate at delving right into formulation development at the same time.

My question is how would you recommend I refamiliarize myself with my roots in Cosmetic Chemistry?  Any key recap books/journals?

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks

Tani

Comments

• PharmaSpainPharmaSpain Member, PCF student
    Hi,

If you are really "disconnected" from your formulating capacities, maybe you can find helpful Perry´s formulation course:

I may interesting this blog too (it is not high science but it is more scientific that most of others DIY blogs):
    swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com

Welcome to the forum
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    Tani,

When I did this several years ago, I found taking Perry's course very helpful, not only for the content, but also as a way to guide my additional searches for information. Each month, I started with his material, then worked to find as much more information on that topic as I could. As I did that, more and more of the information I'd originally learned as a cosmetic chemist came back to me.

I also found interacting with people here on the forum to be helpful.

Bob
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    You sound like a perfect candidate for our course.  Let me know if you have any questions. https://chemistscorner.com/members